The SELA MC10 smart micro cleaving system is the advanced solution for the SEM sample preparation of crystalline materials with high quality, high accuracy and high throughput.
The MC10 utilizes and delivers to customers enhanced capabilities of wining SELA’s Micro Cleaving technology.
The MC10 smart table top system achieves semi-automatic, reliable, repeatable and rapid cross-sectioning of wafer segments and dies with high cleaving accuracy. Dedicated software enables the accurate positioning control and alignment of the cleaving elements. Cleaved samples are ready for immediate inspection and analysis.
The set of the MC10 together with PCM and TMO features target marking, extraction of the initial sample and final cross-sectioning with high throughput, high consistent accuracy and the excellent natural lattice quality of the cross-sections produced.
Such advanced capabilities of the set of the MC10 significantly reduce the turnaround time for failure analysis and process monitoring.
- Semi-automatic controllable cleaving process
- Accuracy better than 5 microns, mostly 2-3 microns
- Process time – single minute
- Extremally small input sample or die – down to 1×1 mm
- Cleaving as close as 1 mm to the wafer or die edge
- Continuous cleaving of multiple targets
- Advanced optics with variable magnification up to 1000x
- Software controllable cleaving process
- Built-in vacuum
- “Maintenance free” servicing model
- Turnaround time significantly reduced
- Improves yield analysis
- Improves characterization
- Improves and enhances SEM and FIN utilization
- Low cost of ownership