The SELA newest MC10i smart micro cleaving system with capability of liquid nitrogen spraying is the advanced solution for the SEM sample preparation of crystalline materials with high quality, high accuracy and high throughput.
The MC10i utilizes and delivers to customers enhanced capabilities of wining SELA’s Micro Cleaving technology.
The MC10i smart table top system is the enhanced version of the MC10 platform equipped with liquid nitrogen spraying capability, achieves semi-automatic, reliable, repeatable and rapid cross-sectioning of wafer segments and dies with high cleaving accuracy.
Liquid nitrogen spraying during the cleaving provides strong additional capability for the failure analysis by drastically improving quality of the cross-section of metal lines, hard resist layers, TSVs and other materials.
Dedicated software enables the accurate positioning control and alignment of the cleaving elements. Cleaved samples are ready for immediate inspection and analysis.
The set of the MC10i together with PCM and TMO features target marking, extraction of the initial sample and final cross-sectioning with high throughput, high consistent accuracy and the excellent natural lattice quality of the cross-sections produced.
Such advanced capabilities of the set of the MC10i significantly reduce the turnaround time for failure analysis and process monitoring.
- Semi-automatic controllable cleaving process
- Accuracy better than 5 microns, mostly 2-3 microns
- Process time – single minute
- Extremally small input sample or die – down to 1×1 mm
- Cleaving as close as 1 mm to the wafer or die edge
- Continuous cleaving of multiple targets
- Advanced optics with variable magnification up to 1000x
- Software controllable cleaving process
- Built-in vacuum
- “Maintenance free” servicing model
- Controllable liquid nitrogen spraying during cleaving
- High quality cross-sectioning of metals, resist and other materials
- Prevention of pull out of materials during the cleaving
- Turnaround time significantly reduced
- Improves yield analysis
- Improves characterization
- Improves and enhances SEM and FIN utilization
- Low cost of ownership