Metro Plastic Shelving
Metro Heavy-Duty Plastic Shelving Units
Metro offers several different types of plastic shelving to fit your exact storage needs. We focus on quality polymer shelving construction to handle anything your operation needs. Our one-piece shelf frames with wrap-around corners deliver an incredibly sturdy shelving system that is ideal for stationary, mobile, and track shelving uses.
All of Metro’s plastic storage shelving offers removable shelf mats for easy cleaning and comes with built-in Microban antimicrobial product protection. Each shelving unit comes with an individual warranty. All polymer shelving units are NSF listed.
Types of Plastic Shelving
Metro offers a variety of configurations to ensure that you are getting the product that fits your operational needs.
MetroMax i is the most durable, most versatile polymer shelving system and can be optimized for stationary and mobile applications. The individual shelves are comprised of advanced polymers with type 304 stainless steel corners for added strength. Our standard shelves hold up to 1000 lbs. evenly distributed, and our dunnage shelf options hold up to 1200 lbs. A fully assembled MetroMax i stationary shelving unit can hold up to 2000 lbs., evenly distributed.
Our MetroMax i plastic shelving and polymer posts are corrosion-proof with a lifetime warranty against rust and corrosion. Sectioned open grid shelf mats can be thrown in the dishwasher or cleaned with a washcloth. One-piece solid mats provide the best spill retention and barrier to prevent cross-contamination. Our shelving’s smooth surfaces are ideal for protecting sensitive wrapped or packaged items.
MetroMax i’s accessories enable it to address the widest variety of applications among our polymer shelving lines at Metro. All MetroMax i products are RFID-friendly. For a storage solution designed to last a lifetime, choose MetroMax i.
The MetroMax 4 line is comprised entirely of polymer. This plastic shelving is an excellent solution for harsh environments and includes a lifetime warranty against corrosion.
MetroMax 4 individual shelves hold up to 800 lbs. per shelf and 2000 lbs. per stationary shelving unit, evenly distributed. The 6” open grid and solid mat sections on MetroMax 4 shelving easily lift off the frames for routine cleaning. This line is also RFID-friendly.
Combination Metal and Plastic Shelving
MetroMax Q comes with a unique quick-adjust feature for areas where storage needs change regularly. Each shelf is created with an epoxy-coated steel frame and removable polymer shelf mats.
The vented grid of the mats ensures maximum airflow to fight against extreme conditions. It consists of Microban antimicrobial additives at each touchpoint. MetroMax Q includes a 20-year warranty against rust and corrosion. Combined with polymer posts, the MetroMax Q is designed for long-term use.
- Cooler/ Freezer -Metro’s plastic shelving solutions are ideal for use in coolers and freezers due to their corrosion-resistant and temperature-resistant build. Our plastic shelving units also include corrosion and rust warranties.
- Dish areas-Dish area shelving should be corrosion-resistant and heat resistant to handle the steam created through the dish-washing process. Metro plastic shelving is perfect for this application due to its heavy-duty polymer design.
- Heavy-Duty Drying Racks-Metro offers pre-configured drying racks that use our plastic shelving as a base.
- SPD- Plastic shelving is a clean solution that will not tug or tear sterile wrapping. This helps limit the number of kits that need to be re-sterilized.
- Sterile Environments- The Microban additive and easy-clean design of Metro plastic shelving make it perfect for sterile environments.
- Stainless Alternative- In labs and other scientific settings, Metro plastic shelving is a more cost-effective way to outfit storage areas while maintaining a clean environment.
- Chemical Storage- The material make-up of Metro’s plastic shelving line makes it resistant to chemical spills and cleaning material break-up.