OptiPrep™ Polishing System
The OptiPrep™ System is designed for production polishing of a wide variety of optical components including Ferrules, Connectors, Waveguides, Silicon V-groove, Optical Chips, Capillary/Glass Lenses, Fiber Bundles, Ribbon Fiber and Bare Fiber
Optical polishing applications rely on specific geometry. The OptiPrep™ features a fixed cam-lock interface reference that is parallel to the plane of the platen. Desired sample angles are obtained based on geometric orientation built into the fixture.
Z-positioning/indexing is displayed on the digital indicator with 1-micron resolution and can be pre-set for unattended operation. Variable speed rotation/limit rotation and oscillation with variable sweep maximize use of the entire abrasive surface.
Adjustable load control expands its capability to handle a range of small (delicate) to large samples.
Applications where the OptiPrep™ is used often require custom fixtures. Please contact Allied for assistance with a current fixture or to design and manufacture a fixture for a complete solution.
- Variable platen speed: 5-350 RPM, in 5 RPM increments
- 7" LCD touchscreen with keypad entry to control all functions
- ¼ HP (190 W) DC motor with durable reduction gearbox provides constant high-torque output
- Digital timer and tachometer
- Integrated controls for operation of the OptiPrep™ Positioning Device
- Clockwise/counterclockwise platen rotation
- Quick-change platen design, anodized to resist wear and corrosion
- Corrosion/impact resistant cover
- Bowl flush to prevent debris build-up
- Electronic coolant control with adjustable valve
OptiPrep Positioning Device Features
- Front digital indicator displays real-time material removal/sample advancement
- Rear digital indicator displays vertical positioning (static) with zeroing function, 1 micron resolution
- Precision spindle design indexes sample perpendicular to the platen, and can rotate simultaneously
- Automatic sample oscillation, adjustable sweep with 6 speeds
- Full or limited automatic sample rotation with 8 speeds
- Cam-locking system eliminates the need for tools and allows for exact repositioning of fixtures
- Dimensions: 15" W x 26" D x 20" H (381 x 660 x 508 mm)
- Weight: 95 lb. (43 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: 33" W x 31" D x 15" H (838 x 787 x 381 mm)
- Shipping Weight: 125 lb. (57 kg)
- Two (2) year warranty
- CE Compliant
- Designed & manufactured by Allied in the USA