PEL-5000G Series High Power DC Electronic Load
GW Instek PEL-5000G series single-channel electronic load provides 150V/ 600V/ 1200V models with a power range of 4kW~6kW. PEL-5000G has a total of 9 models featuring different combinations of power, voltage, and current. It can test and verify the specifications of batteries, electric vehicle chargers/charging stations and electric vehicle batteries. PEL-5000G supports parallel connection for same voltage specification and different power models. PEL-5000G can support up to 8 units connected in parallel to provide a maximum power of 48kW.
For the scenario of Battery Charger testing, PEL-5000G specifically provides four battery discharge modes, namely CV+Current Limit test mode, CV+Power Limit test mode, CC mode and CP mode. Users can choose a suitable test mode according to the test requirements.
For Battery Discharge Function, users can set the discharge cut-off voltage, discharge time, or discharge capacity (Ah) in CC or CP mode to meet the battery testing requirements.
In order to meet the verification requirements of different DUTs, PEL-5000G provides a variety of test functions, Surge current test mode, automated OCP, OPP test functions and 150 sets of parameter storage function. The 1200V model of PEL-5000G not only provides full power output at 1000V, but also provides 60% power output at 1200V output, which is higher than the 50% power output of other manufacturers of similar electronic loads.
High-voltage batteries or chargers directly connected to the electronic load may cause damage to the electronic load. PEL-5000G has a built-in slow starter, which not only protects the DC load, but also saves the user's installation cost and setting time for measurement on 600V/1200V models.
The communication interfaces supported by PEL-5000G include GPIB, RS232, USB, and LAN. The power, voltage and current of each model are shown in the following table:
|Power / Voltage||150V||600V||1200V|
- 5 digital V / A / W Meter can be displayed on Large LCD display simultaneously
- Flexible CC, CR, CV, CP, CV + CL, CV + PL, Dynamic and short circuit operation modes
- Not only CC, CR, and CP mode have parallel operation functions, but CV mode also has parallel operation functions
- Surge Test mode for Capacitive load for current rising transient test
- Voltage meter display can be configured as polarity positive（”＋”）or negative(“－”）
- Master-slave control is up to 1 Master and 7 Slaves
- Optional Interface: GPIB, RS232, USB, LAN
- SEQ Load Mode's programmable function allows for ultra-high-speed step changes from 0.02 to 999000 ms in CC or CP mode
- Provide battery BMS protection test function
- Optional 9923 load current waveform generator to provide the battery actual discharge current waveform simulation
- Built-in test modes include Battery Discharge, BMS, Short circuit, OCP, OPP test modes
- Turbo mode can withstand up to 1.5 times the current and power electronic load within 2 sec. period, most fit BMS, Short circuit, OCP, OPP test
- Protection against V, I, W, and ℃